This week’s campsite cooking meal is a backpacking breakfast recipe. After a cold night in the tent, a warm breakfast might be exactly what you need to get up and hiking again. The below backpacking meal is a sweet way to start your day plus it’s a very easy meal to cook in the backcountry.
Backpacking Breakfast: Cinna-Raisin Crunch
Easy, inexpensive, lightweight and great tasting, Cinna-Raisin Crunch is a great backpacking breakfast. Watch the video then read the additional instructions below.
What you’ll need:
- 1 package of Ramen Noodles
- 1/2 Cup of Rasins
- 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup of Sliced Walnuts
- 1 1/2 Cups of Water
Mix brown sugar, cinnamon and walnuts in a plastic bag. Place the raisins in a separate bag.
Bring 1 1/2 Cups of water to a boil. Add the Ramen Noddles and Raisins and boil for a few minutes. Drain the water several hundred yards away from camp and any water source. Stir in the brown sugar mix. Enjoy.
Backpacking Breakfast Rating
This is a very easy backpacking breakfast and it tastes great. Not only is this a great backpacking breakfast meal but it is also a great vegetarian backpacking meal. Give this backpacking recipe a try and leave us a comment below to let us know what you think.
Have you tried our other campsite cooking meals? Be sure to check them all out: Trailside Chicken & Rice, Pizza Taters, Sausage & Mash, Beef &Noodles, Tuna Noodler, Backcountry Pizza, Dutch Oven Breakfast Burritos, Chicken and Stuffing and Quinoa & Veggies.
Latest posts by Andy Hawbaker (see all)
- Sorel Brand Spotlight and Boot Giveaway! - November 20, 2014
- Skiing, Climbing and Unique Geology – Name This State? - November 14, 2014
- 6 Incredible Uses For Drinking Straws in the Backcountry - November 14, 2014
- Terramar Brand Spotlight and Base Layer Giveaway - November 13, 2014
- Stay Warm With The Right Base Layer - November 12, 2014