*Congratulations to Hal, who won the CamelBak giveaway. Don’t worry, there is a new giveaway going on here: Brand Spotlight Giveaway.*
Chances are you already know that CamelBak is the company that revolutionized the way people hydrate when they are biking, hiking or enjoying other activities but do you know the story behind this invention? Keep reading to learn more about this cool company and be sure to enter the CamelBak Backpack Giveaway at the bottom of this post.
In 1988, Michael Edison was competing in a 100 mile bike race in Texas. There wasn’t many options for refilling water bottles along the race course so Edison, an emergency medical technician by trade, filled an IV bag with water and slipped it into the back of his bike jersey. Using a thin tube and a clothespin to clamp it, Edison had created the first hands-free hydration device.
CamelBak now makes a full line of hydration packs and water bottles. You’ll find CamelBak packs from small running backpacks all the way up to larger day-hiking packs. Sierra Trading Post currently has a full selection of hydration packs for hiking, biking, running or skiing. Below are a few of the most popular CamelBak products.
Top Products from CamelBak
1. CamelBak Ice Queen Hydration Pack – 70 fl.oz. (For Women) – CamelBak’s Ice Queen provides hydration fit for royalty during long days on the trails, slopes or anywhere your adventure takes you.
2. CamelBak Fourteener Hydration Pack – 100 fl.oz. – CamelBak’s Fourteener hydration pack is supportive enough for technical day hikes and maintains a low-profile fit.
3. CamelBak Zoid Hydration Pack – 70 fl.oz. – The low-profile design fits either inside or outside your jacket, and the front pocket carries keys, wallet, phone and energy bar.
4. CamelBak Kicker Hydration Pack – 50 fl.oz. (For Kids) – This great kid’s backpack will keep the little ones hydrated while on the go.
5. CamelBak Omega Hydrotanium Replacement Hydration Reservoir – 100 fl.oz.- Replace old reservoirs or turn an existing backpack into a hydration pack with CamelBak’s Omega Hydrotanium replacement hydration reservoir.
CamelBak Backpack Giveaway
Would you like to get your hands on a product from CamelBak? Simply leave us a comment below letting us know why you’d love a new CamelBak.
Would you like to double your odds of winning this CamelBak Giveaway? Share this link on Facebook, Twitter or other social sites then comment again to let us know where you shared it. We will pick one winner to receive the CamelBak product of their choice. That is any CamelBak product currently available on Sierra Trading Post (Check the Giveaway Terms and Conditions for any exclusions). The winner will be contacted by email and announced on the blog on Thursday 5/16/13.
Take an additional 25% off your order at Sierra Trading Post. Just click on the photo below to receive the discount.
Latest posts by Andy Hawbaker (see all)
- 7 Things To Do In Zion National Park - April 24, 2015
- Saucony Brand Spotlight Giveaway! - April 23, 2015
- TrailTime Tips: Best Way to Store a Hydration Bladder - April 21, 2015
- Mystery Destination: Outdoorsy City - April 17, 2015
- Big Agnes Gear Giveaway! - April 16, 2015