Here is another great campsite cooking recipe to try in the outdoors. In the video below, Naomi from The Outdoor Adventure shows you how to make Sausage and Mashed Potatoes on your next camping trip. This ideal car camping meal is sure to fill everyone up and make for a great meal at camp.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this great camping meal:
- Peas and Carrots
- 2 cups – Instant potatoes
- 1 cup – Instant dry milk
- 1/4 cup – Parmesan
- 1 tsp – Garlic
Heat the sausage and vegetables in the camp stove. Add two cups of water to cook the sausage and vegetables. When the water begins to boil turn off the heat and add the potatoes, milk, parmesan and garlic.
Give this easy camping meal a try and let us know in the comments below what you think.
Camping Meal Series
This is the 4th Episode of our Campsite Cooking Meal Series. Be sure to check out our previous meals as we’ve already cooked some fantastic lightweight backpacking recipes in this outdoor meal series. Our previous meals include Trailside Chicken and Rice, Beef & Noodles and Pizza Taters. Also, check back next Tuesday as we’ll introduce yet another easy camping meal.
Latest posts by Andy Hawbaker (see all)
- Children Shouldn’t Stop Your Adventures – Child Carriers - January 26, 2015
- 7 Things You Have to See in Moab, Utah - January 23, 2015
- The One Thing Keeping You From Skiing Faster - January 23, 2015
- Keen Brand Spotlight and Giveaway - January 22, 2015
- Planning Your National Park Vacation - January 19, 2015