As an extension of our Campsite Cooking Series, we are excited to bring you a video series dedicated to easy and delicious energy bar recipes. This is the first of a six part series featuring our favorite homemade energy bars. Click the video to see these bars being made or find the full recipe below.
Chocolaty Raisin Crunch Bars
Energy bars, energy gels and trail food can be expensive. Fueling your body for a hike, run, ride or any outdoor activity is very important but you can’t forget about taste. With that in mind, one of our favorite homemade energy bar recipes is Chocolaty Raisin Crunch Bars.
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- 3/4 Cup of Whole Wheat Four
- 2 tablespoons Flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
Stir dry ingredients then add
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Applesuace
Stir thoroughly then add
- 1 cup Granola
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Raisins
Stir then transfer to a lightly oiled 9×9 baking pan.
Bake 20-25 minutes.
Let cool then cut into squares. Enjoy.
You can add nuts for additional protein or replace the raisins with other dried fruit to change the taste. Get creative to customize your own homemade energy bar recipe.
We hope you enjoyed this homemade granola bar recipe. Check out these other great energy bar recipes:
Latest posts by Andy Hawbaker (see all)
- Over the River and Through the Woods: Mystery Destination - November 25, 2014
- Great Outdoor Gift Ideas - November 21, 2014
- Outdoor Addiction Quiz: Are You Addicted to the Outdoors? - November 21, 2014
- Sorel Brand Spotlight and Boot Giveaway! - November 20, 2014
- Skiing, Climbing and Unique Geology – Name This State? - November 14, 2014