Can you name this high mountain peak and the surrounding national park from the clues below? Each week we play this Mystery Destination Game. We give you a couple clues and a photo and see if you can name the mystery outdoor destination that we are talking about. In weeks past the answer has been a river, a reservoir and outdoor communities. This week the correct answer is the name of a high mountain peak and the surrounding national park – a two part answer.
- Measured from the 2,000 foot lowlands to its snowy summit, the mountain’s vertical relief is greater than that of Mount Everest.
- This national park provides a special opportunity to study a large, intact and naturally-functioning ecosystem. Researchers can monitor climate change and contribute to larger-scale climate monitoring and management efforts.
- The mountain that is the focal point of this park was named a word that means “High One” in the local native language but has officially been named after a U.S. President who was assassinated. While the name of the mountain has changed, the name of the national park still means “High One”.
- Recognized as one of the final frontiers, the national park is largely untouched by humans and offers a huge diversity of animal populations.
Do you know the answer to this mystery destination game? Enter your guess in the comments below then forward this link on to your friends to see if they also know the answer. Did you enjoy this little game? Check out a few of our other recent destinations:
Latest posts by Andy Hawbaker (see all)
- Over the River and Through the Woods: Mystery Destination - November 25, 2014
- Great Outdoor Gift Ideas - November 21, 2014
- Outdoor Addiction Quiz: Are You Addicted to the Outdoors? - November 21, 2014
- Sorel Brand Spotlight and Boot Giveaway! - November 20, 2014
- Skiing, Climbing and Unique Geology – Name This State? - November 14, 2014