If you’ve been reading the Hub for a while, you know that I’m headed out to hike the John Muir Trail along with Sierra Trading Post videographer, Chris Martin. Chris and I will be meeting up with John, Paul and Adam to hike 212 miles from Yosemite National Park to Mount Whitney, the highest point in the continental United States. You can learn more about the #JMT2013 trip here: Hiking the John Muir Trail.
The excitement has been building for months. What seemed like a long six months quickly turned into six weeks and now it’s finally time to hit the trail. We been training for the trail, planning our backpacking meals and putting together our gear lists for what seems like forever but we finally start hiking on Saturday July 13, 2013.
We’ll be documenting the trip by sending back stories, photos and videos as often as possible. You can find all of our John Muir Trail content here: Muir Miles. Be sure to check back because the Muir Miles page will be updated throughout the trip and you can also follow Twitter updates through #JMT2013.
Latest posts by Andy Hawbaker (see all)
- 10 Ways You’re Doing Ski Vacations Wrong - January 27, 2015
- Children Shouldn’t Stop Your Adventures – Child Carriers - January 26, 2015
- 7 Things You Have to See in Moab, Utah - January 23, 2015
- The One Thing Keeping You From Skiing Faster - January 23, 2015
- Keen Brand Spotlight and Giveaway - January 22, 2015