And we have a winner! Joshua tells us the 2.1 tent is a perfect fit for room and weight. He’ll use it for an upcoming trip into the Golden Trout Wilderness. “A few of us will be taking water quality samples, botanical surveys, and wildlife use around the lake,” he told us in the comments. “In addition we are doing trail maintenance work and interaction with users of the trail system.” Thanks Joshua! -Juliette
Mountain Hardwear is a trusted brand for long-lasting outdoor gear. From backpacking tents, backpacks, and jackets to casual hiking clothing, Mountain Hardwear offers top gear for many uses. Keep reading to learn more about this brand and be sure to enter to win the giveaway at the bottom of this post.
Mountain Hardwear was founded in 1993 by a group of individuals who believed anything was possible and that anything worth pursuing in life required challenge. Over the years, the company has made many improvements to outdoors gear. They’ve invented new tent designs, pioneered new fabrics and pushed the limits to make the best gear possible.
Outdoor enthusiasts know that reaching the summit, completing the thru-hike or leading a new climbing route require a lot of hard work. These challenges we choose to take for the sake of adventure are possible thanks to quality gear from reliable brands like Mountain Hardwear.
I’m heading out on my own thru-hike of the John Muir Trail and I personally chose to carry a Mountain Hardwear backpack for this adventure. The backpack is comfortable, durable and lighter in weight than others I examined. Learn more about our JMT2013 gear here: John Muir Trail Gear List.
Hot Products from Mountain Hardwear
1. Mountain Hardwear Skyledge 2.1 Tent – 2-Person, 3-Season – a fantastic balance of lightweight construction and durable storm protection to the backcountry enthusiast.
2. Mountain Hardwear Molimo 70 Backpack – Incredibly light for its size, Mountain Hardwear’s Molimo 70 backpack is built to handle long tours and multi-day adventures.
3. Mountain Hardwear Tadita 50 Backpack – The stability-focused design of Mountain Hardwear’s Tadita 50 backpack is ideal for long, rugged hikes thanks to the women-specific harness, strong compression strap system and a wide, load-bearing waistbelt.
4. Mountain Hardwear Zonal Jacket – Insulated (For Women) – strategically placed insulated panels and zoning construction to keep you warm where you need it most and to reduce bulk.
5. Mountain Hardwear Lightpath 3 Tent – 3-Person, 3-Season – lightweight backcountry shelter that’s surprisingly roomy, with a roomy vestibule and guaranteed watertight construction.
Black Diamond Equipment Giveaway
Would you like to win a free Mountain Hardwear product? Simply comment below letting us know what activities you plan to do in your Mountain Hardwear gear.
Would you like to double your odds of winning this giveaway? Share this link on Twitter, Google+ or pin it on Pinterest then comment again to let us know where you shared it.
We’ll pick one winner to receive the Mountain Hardwear product of their choice from Sierra Trading Post. The winner will be contacted by email and announced on the blog on Thursday 7/18/13. Full contest rules.
* Thumbnail photo by Tony Warelius
Latest posts by Andy Hawbaker (see all)
- 4 Reasons to Love Hiking in the Fall - September 17, 2014
- What Type of Outdoor Adventurer Are You? - September 12, 2014
- Hi-Tec Brand Spotlight and Giveaway - September 11, 2014
- Are You Making This Common Hiking Mistake? - September 10, 2014
- How to Maintain a Fishing Rod: Rod and Reel Maintenance - September 9, 2014