Welcome to another installment of our Mystery Destination Series. Each week we pick one outdoor adventure destination, give you 5 clues and see if you can name the mystery destination. In recent weeks, the answer has been the name of a mountain, a ski town and a backpacking trail. This week the mystery destination is a National Park.
Read through the five clues and look at the attached photo. If you know the answer, leave your guess in the comments below then share this page with your friends to see if they know.
- This National Park covers 1,252 square miles and is larger than the state of Delaware. The park boundary is set by over 244 miles of river frontage.
- The park was named an “International Dark Sky Park” in 2012 when the International Dark Sky Association noted the park had the darkest measured sky in the lower 48 states.
- With an average of only 350,000 visitors each year, this is one of the least visited National Parks in the United States.
- This large diverse area covers desert, mountain and canyon topography, and is home to more than 1,200 species of plants, more than 450 species of birds, 56 species of reptiles, and 75 species of mammals.
- Within the National Park boundaries, you’ll find an entire mountain range. This is the only mountain range in the United States that is completely contained within National Park boundaries.
Do you know the answer? Have you visited this National Park? Tell us know in the comments below if you know the answer. Bonus points if you can name the river that borders this park and the mountain range located within the park.
Did you enjoy this little outdoor adventure game? If you missed any of our previous Mystery Destinations be sure to check them out now.
Mystery Destination 1: Reptiles, Sand and Mountains… Oh My!
Mystery Destination 2: A Mountain, Lake and Wreckage
Mystery Destination 3: A Backpacker’s Dream Trail
Mystery Destination 4: A Western Ski Town
Latest posts by Andy Hawbaker (see all)
- Black Friday Sale - November 27, 2014
- Holiday Gear Giveaway - November 27, 2014
- Over the River and Through the Woods: Mystery Destination - November 25, 2014
- Great Outdoor Gift Ideas - November 21, 2014
- Outdoor Addiction Quiz: Are You Addicted to the Outdoors? - November 21, 2014